Today’s Thirteen have no rhyme or reason, sort of like my life at the moment.
1. One of my favorite tv shows is “The First 48” on A&E. You have to like the way the announcer does his bit, “On the corner of a major highway, next to a school playground, they found a young man shot ….. …… dead.” I enjoy watching the bad guys get thrown in jail. I think I would make a good detective.
2. I watch the tv show “Cops” all the time, even the reruns. I am convinced that some day, I will see someone on the show that I know.
3. Sometimes, I wish I hadn’t listened to the nuns in high school. During the 70’s, they peddled secretarial jobs, nursing, and teaching careers. I wanted to be a lawyer, but I listened to the nuns, and ended up watching Perry Mason, Cops and First 48 instead.
4. Every time I watch the shows on tv about hoarders, it motivates me to clean up, organize, and throw crap away. I am not a horder, I am not a horder, I am not a horder … (No, really, I’m not.)
5. My parents have been married 59 years. I hope I live to be 59.
6. Clover is going to be 70-years-old in June. Cosmo will be 42 in November.
7. I will be 54 in July.
8. Clover and Cosmo can run a lot faster than I can.
9. I love rooting for the underdog. Go VCU!
10. I love rooting for the underdog. Except for Butler since they’re playing VCU.
11. I called my dad on the weekend, and asked him if he was following any of the March Madness games. He said, “No. But your mom has watched them all so far.” Hmmm. What’s wrong with this picture?
12. I bought an Android cellphone on Saturday, and am having a great time trying to figure out how to use it. I think I found an app that will let me call the International Space Station. “Gooooood Mornnnning, Astronauts!”
13. I am running a comment contest. You can see it here. Or, you could just scroll down to the post below this one.