1. We (me and the dogs) are exhausted. We are just back from a week of R&R in North Carolina, and we’re all having a hard time adjusting to being back home where there is no lake to swim in, no big yard to chase and run in, no big deck to guard, or chickens and other dogs and people to bark at. Reality sucks some times.
2. If you drove on I-81 from Tennessee to Northern Virginia on Sunday, and you were shocked to see one lone courteous driver in a blue Ford Escape using the turn signal each time she changed lanes or exited the highway, that was me. And, to that asshole that cut me off going 70 miles per hour while he drank a coffee and talked on the cellphone–I hope you live a long life, but I kind of doubt it.
3. Where the heck did Fall go? I went from a/c to heat in a matter of one week. The leaves are just past peak color in Northern Virginia, and one good wind and what leaves are still stuck to the trees will be gone. Pfft.
4. I took myself to breakfast yesterday morning. I like going out to breakfast, and I treat myself to biscuits and sausage gravy once a year because if I didn’t limit my consumption of this wonderful invention, then I would be seeing a cardiologist, and I imagine my waist would be even bigger than it already is.
5. Talking about breakfast yesterday, the “joint” was packed and the hostess asked me and the elderly man in front of me if we would share a table. We both said “sure” at the same time. What followed was a truly enjoyable 90 minutes. More on my “Breakfast with Frank” later this week.
6. I have some beef stew going strong in the crockpot, and my house smells wonderful.
7. Clover hasn’t barked at anything – real or imagined – in 24 hours. I’m thinking of taking her to the vet to see if she is ok.