Woohoo! Mary (MAM who I think is Mary in Cedar Rapids) got it right! Thanks to everyone that took the chance and made a guess.
It is a Coconut Grater (also used for cabbage, carrots and anything else that needs shredding)!
So, here is June’s Whatzit? Contest Rules:
- Take a guess! and leave a comment here with what you think this strange thing might be.
- If there is more than one winning guess … the first person to speak up is the winner.
- I will post the winner’s name, and notify them by e-mail, and will post the answer to “Whatzit?” on Saturday, June 20 (probably in the afternoon after some yard sales).
- The winner will get the choice of actually owning the “Whatzit?” or I will be happy to put together a nice big box of books (new/used, all genres, paperback and/or hard covers) as the prize.
- I know what it is only because there is a label on the back!
- Here are some hints: its wood and it is about 1.5 inches thick and about 14″ x 8″ in size.
- You can get a close-up of the surface by clicking on the photo below.
- I will add a few clues over the week, so don’t get discouraged, by Friday evening, someone should figure it out!
- You can guess more than once.
Clue # 1 – It is an import. Country of origin is Honduras
Clue # 2 – It is a kitchen / cooking tool